Saturday, March 3, 2007

Romans Road (part 1) - Romans 3:23

Romans 3:23 - Paraphrase:
Everyone has messed up and continues to mess up

Before I go any further:
- People have to earn their right to be heard. I think that there is a level of trust that is needed here.
- You have to trust me: You have gotten to know me. I hope that you have been able to begin to trust me. I’ve been honest with you about who I am and where I’ve been.
- I have been in a relationship with Jesus for over 20 years.
- I think that Jesus Christ has definitely earned the right to be heard and trusted.
- The Bible has to earn the right to be heard as well. It has. If you are sitting out there and don’t believe the Bible is God’s Word. You don’t think that you can trust what the Bible has to say, then I would love to talk with you about that. I would challenge you to really investigate it and check it out for yourself.

Do you think you are a good person?
What is good? How do you judge what is good?

How many of you played kickball or baseball or basketball or any kind of ball growing up?

How did you decide teams? Line up on a fence… I was always chosen last.
The team captains have a standard that they are looking for. The person who best meets that standard is chosen first.

God has a standard = perfection. The world has a saying “Nobody’s perfect”

There is noone righteous. Not even one.

Everything we think is good and righteous is like filthy rags (poopy diapers)

Would you drink water from this cup.
No. That’s what we look like to God. No matter how good we try to be, it is tainted by us.
-------------------------------------------------
Teen Questionaire -
HOW WOULD YOU SAY IT?
Roman’s 3:23
For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

Who is all?

What is sin?

What does it mean to fall short?

What is the glory of God?

No comments: